Whether your motivation stems from environmental or monetary motivations, more efficient home equipment benefits everyone. From weatherproofing your home to installing higher-efficiency air-conditioning systems, you gain perks such as lower utility bills, increased comfort and fewer greenhouse gas emissions.
The government supports Sacramento homeowners who take action toward better energy efficiency by offering rebates. There are also several utility companies in the Sacramento area that offer rebates for a plethora of energy-efficient options.
Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) offers rebates for the following, and rebates may vary in some instances due to efficiency and product selected:
- Duct sealing: $300
- Central A/C: from $400 to $1,100
- Heat pump: $400 to $500
- Home Performance Program: $9,000 possible in rebates
- Photovoltaic (solar) systems: $1.90 per watt
- Solar water heater: $500 to $1,500
Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E) also offer its local homeowners and customers rebates for energy efficiency. Rebates are accessible for homeowners who are upgrading to natural gas furnaces. Certain guidelines apply for a furnace to be eligible.
- Furnaces that are rated between 94 percent to 96 percent Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE) qualify for a $150 rebate.
- Furnaces higher than 96 percent AFUE can access rebates of $250.
- Finally, furnaces with a variable-speed motor get an extra 50 bucks on top of the rebate: AFUE 94 to 96 furnaces get $200; AFUE 96 and higher furnaces get $300.
The City of Roseville and Roseville Electric offer rebates as well. A central air conditioner with a thermal expansion valve and a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) higher than 15 and Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) higher than 12.5 qualify for $550. Heat pumps with a Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 8.5 qualify for $200.
It’s easy to find available rebates, if you take the time to look. Rebates make upgrading just a little sweeter – and more manageable for your budget. You can also contact the experts at All Year; we are available to help you find rebates for which your upgrade is eligible. Please feel free to contact us anytime.
All Year services the Greater Sacramento area. To get started, check out our website.