Most people associate AC with comfortable summers and chilly winters. While that’s mostly true, some people might not realize the importance of AC maintenance. In fact, failing to maintain your AC system can have long-term negative effects on your home’s value. An unkempt AC system can cause permanent damage to your home’s structure, finishings, and furnishings. A poorly maintained system can also cause its parts to overheat, which can lead to costly repairs. That said, not every problem with your AC is a sign of trouble. If you’re ready to keep your system in good working condition, read on to learn more about AC maintenance.
What is AC Maintenance?
AC maintenance is the process of checking, cleaning, and lubricating your air conditioning system to ensure it’s operating at peak efficiency. Among other things, it includes performing periodic safety checks of your system. AC maintenance also includes periodic inspection of your ductwork, filters, and vents.
Why is AC Maintenance Important?
All homes have AC systems, and all homes use them. The average person spends around 90% of their time indoors, making the need for a comfortable home even greater. AC systems are critical to the comfort and health of the people who live in them. When they’re not properly maintained, they can break down. People risk having problems with their AC systems if they don’t regularly perform maintenance. AC breakdowns can lead to serious health complications and financial hardships.
How to Properly Maintain Your AC?
You don’t have to be a technician to maintain your AC system. In fact, many things you can do on your own. These include cleaning your evaporator coils, replacing your filters regularly, and draining any condensation from your unit.
AC Maintenance Checklist
Here are some of the things you should check for during your AC maintenance:
– Make sure your system is running correctly. There may be a limited amount of cool air coming out of your vents or your unit may not be cooling your house as expected. This is most likely if you live in a hot climate.
– Make sure your airflow settings are correct. For example, you should have your furnace or AC unit on if you’re in a room where you spend most of your time. If you’re in a room that’s rarely visited, you shouldn’t have the AC on.
– Make sure your unit isn’t too hot. You should always feel comfortable when you’re in your home. If you don’t, you need to adjust your thermostat settings.
– Make sure your ductwork is clear of debris. This includes dirt, lint, and debris from your pets.
– Make sure your filters are clean. Clean your filters regularly to keep your air conditioning from becoming impeded.
– Make sure your vents are in good working condition. Vents are important to your system’s ability to distribute cool air throughout your home. If they’re blocked or damaged, your system won’t be able to function properly.
HVAC services that we offer:
- Air Conditioning Services in Sacramento
- Sacramento Heating and Furnace Repairs, Service, and Installations
- Sacramento Heater Repair, Service & Installations
- Radiant Heating
- Sacramento Solar Hot Water
- Water Heaters
Proper AC and Heating Maintenance
While it’s not necessary to perform major repairs on your air conditioning system every year, it’s important to keep it operating at peak performance. That means you should perform AC maintenance once or twice per year. Regular maintenance will help you avoid potential problems before they occur. It’ll also keep your system operating at peak performance for a longer period of time. If you don’t maintain your air conditioning system, you’re putting your home at risk for major repairs and potential damage. That’s why it’s so important to regularly perform AC maintenance.