When it is hot outside and your cooling system needs repair — or it’s freezing and your heating is on the fritz — you may be inclined to hire the quickest and cheapest heating and cooling contractor you can find.
Do not let your urgency lead you astray. Instead, take the time to ask your potential heating and cooling contractor some important questions to help ensure you get a highly skilled, reliable professional:
- Do you have proper licensing and insurance? Two warning signs that a contractor lacks those essentials: They insist on being paid in cash, and they lack a physical address.
- How long have you been in business? Years of experience reflect sound business practices and a commitment to quality customer service.
- Can I get an estimate and a contract in writing? It’s smart to get three estimates before hiring anyone.
- Is the estimate complete or will you make adjustments as you go?
- Do you have references available? Make sure you call those previous customers, and ask them if they would repeat their experience.
- Can I get a warranty concerning the work agreed upon? Be cautious of any contractor that won’t offer a warranty when others will.
- What is your time frame for this job? Your time is valuable, and your contractor should be conscious of this.
- What is your cleanup process? Your contractor should remove all leftover materials and equipment.
All Year Heating, Air & Solar serves Greater Sacramento. Our technicians are always happy to answer your questions concerning your heating or cooling needs. Contact us anytime.
All Year services the Greater Sacramento area. Visit our website to see our special offers to get started today!