Programmable thermostats are an excellent way to help keep energy costs low.
Once you input your presettings, you no longer have to think about changing the thermostat as you’re leaving for work, or worry about coming home to a house that is too cold or too warm. There are a lot of different options you can choose from depending on your lifestyle and preferences.
When deciding between programmable thermostats, you first have to identify which type you need based on your regular schedule:
- 5-2 Day – Allows one setting for weekdays and another for weekends
- 5-1-1 Day – Allows one setting for weekdays and different settings for Saturday and Sunday
- 7 Day – The most versatile option, which allows you to have different settings each day of the week
After you have narrowed your choice down to one of these three types, you can choose from a number of different features:
- Alarms that remind you when to change air filters or perform other maintenance activities.
- Wireless options so you can change settings from another room, or even remotely from outside your home.
- Integrated control of your heating and cooling system, whole-house humidifier and air filtration devices.
- Touchscreen displays with easy to follow instructions.
- Early start functions that ensure the temperature is where you want it to be at designated times.
- The ability to see the outdoor temperature and humidity level.
It is important to know that not all programmable thermostats work with all home comfort systems. For example, heat pumps and electric heating systems often require a thermostat that is compatible with the specific equipment. The best way to be sure your new thermostat will work with your existing equipment is to work with a HVAC professional before you buy.
The professionals at All Year can help you decide between different programmable thermostats and select the one that will work best for your home comfort needs. Remember, energy savings add up to dollar savings, so the sooner you switch to a programmable thermostat, the sooner you will start to save. Call us today to learn more or schedule an appointment.
All Year AH services the Greater Sacramento area. To get started, check out our website or see our special offers.