Geothermal heat pump systems are the most efficient heating and cooling solutions available today, which is why the government offers such generous tax credit incentives for them. Unlike many of the tax credits that expired in 2010, you can still take advantage of the savings offered for this type of HVAC technology.
Affordable Geothermal Energy Systems in Sacramento
Geothermal heat pump systems use the natural heat from the earth to keep your home warm in winter and cool in the summer. Because heat from the earth is both free and plentiful, these systems offer many benefits to homeowners:
- Low Operating Cost – Geothermal heat pumps are extremely efficient, so your monthly utility bills for heating, cooling and hot water can drop by 30 percent to 60 percent.
- Long Life Cycle – This type of equipment lasts a long time without losing efficiency. You will see a return on your initial investment and enjoy lower bills for years to come.
- Improved Home Comfort – Warm air is delivered evenly and precisely, so you will not experience hot spots or cold spots. The cool air delivered in the warmer months is also dehumidified, providing a more comfortable, healthier indoor environment.
- Versatility – Geothermal heat pump systems can work in a variety of climates, including the greater Sacramento area. Whether you have a lot of land or live closer to the city, there is a system that will work for your home.
One of the most significant benefits to installing a geothermal heat pump system is the money you can save by taking advantage of federal tax credits. The credits are quite generous compared to those offered for other systems; they include:
- 30 percent of the entire cost, with no upper limit.
- The credit applies to both the equipment and the installation.
- You are eligible for the tax credit for both new construction and older homes.
- Your second home also qualifies, but rental properties do not.
The tax credits expire in 2016, but with the monthly savings you will generate there is no reason to wait that long. The professionals at All Year can help you navigate the tax credits, so call us today to find out how you can save.
All Year services the Greater Sacramento area. To get started, check out our website or see our special offers.